Tips & Other Notes
- Learn to relax.
- Take organized notes. Underline or highlight the main ideas, concepts and information
- Write down all assignments and test dates in your organizer or notebook.
- Take ten minutes after each class to review your notes
- Avoid any distracting conduct. Activity such as talking, eating and joking can distract you and your classmates.
- Find a quiet private place by yourself then settle in
- If you need music playing in the background while you study or do homework, make sure that it is an old familiar cd so that you are not trying to listen carefully to the new lyrics or music
- DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE NIGHT BEFORE TO STUDY OR COMPLETE AN ASSIGNMENT - plan ahead - reread/review a chapter or two a night the week of the test or exam will not overload your brain.
<< Return to Tips and other Notes list