- Find Mental Health help in your area
- Do you or a loved one have a medical or mental health emergency?
- If less intense options are not possible or haven’t helped, then it may be helpful to visit the Local Emergency Department at your nearest hospital.
- “Typical mental health emergencies include: thoughts of suicide to the point the person requires emergency help from ending their life; manic episode or psychosis where a person is behaving in an irrational way with inability to function.”
- INDIGENOUS SERVICES CANADA – NON-INSURED HEALTH BENEFITS PROGRAM : Mental Health Counselling Benefits
What is covered
Every 12 months, an eligible client can receive up to 22 hours of counselling performed by an eligible provider on a fee-for-service basis (such as, individual, family or group counselling). Additional hours in the same 12 month period may be provided on a case-by-case basis.
For more information on specific benefit policies, definition of eligible client and requirements, refer to the website and/or the Guide to Mental Health Counselling Services.
- ALGOMA PUBLIC HEALTH https://www.algomapublichealth.com/
Get free and timely mental health and addiction care for children, youth, adults and families. Appointments are available by telephone or video conference every Tuesday, all confidential. To access an appointment, please call CMHA’s Access Line: 705-759-5989 or 1-855-366-1466 on Mondays from 9 am to 4 pm.
- FIRST NATIONS & INUIT HOPE FOR WELLNESS HELPLINE
- If you are experiencing emotional distress and want to talk, call the First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line at 1-855-242-3310 or the online chat at hopeforwellness.ca. It’s toll-free and open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- ONTARIO POST-SECONDARY STUDENT SUPPORT
- Most colleges and universities have their own Counselling Services available for students. Please check the school website for contact information.
- MAAMWESYING North Shore Community Health Services Inc
- If you would like to talk to someone, please contact the Central Intake at 1-844-864-0523.
- MY MENTAL HEALTH: Mental Health and Well-Being for All
- TALK4HEALING https://www.talk4healing.com/
- Talk, text or chat
Explore pathways to post-secondary education and enhance your awareness of all the opportunity awaiting you. Connect with Aboriginal graduates who can help you navigate the Post-Secondary process. Compare programs and have your questions answered so you know what to...